Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elite Team World Cup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyrrh

Elite Team World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Elite Team World Cup   Elite Team World Cup I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 am

Hey there !

I just wanted to share with you guys an idea about a team competition I've had a couple of weeks ago. I've written the general presentation, specifications and the rules, and, before starting it, I'd like you to tell me what you think about it, if people will be interested, if it can work etc...

Also, I may need a couple of admins to help me solve any problems, so if any of UTD members (preferably those I know in-game) wanna do it, it'd be great  Very Happy !

Here comes all the detailed information (post below)  Smile !
Back to top Go down
Kyrrh

Elite Team World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Team World Cup   Elite Team World Cup I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:25 am

Elite Team World Cup

Presentation :

This is an open cup where teams from all around the world will race against each other throughout
the tournament, which will feature a groupstages and a playoffs phase. Every team is welcome to
join, there isn’t any restrictions.

Cup specifications :

6 to 16 teams – Chicane & Apex (contests are run parallel)
6 weeks

Registrations :

Teams are composed of 1 leader (responsible for match scheduling and internal organization), and 3
to 10 drivers (NB : the leader can also race for the matches).
To register for the tournament, simply send me a PM (KYRRH) providing the following information :
* Team name
* Server (Chicane / Apex)
* Drivers IGN, country (optional), and link to NFS Times profile
* Leader e-mail
* Default date & time choice
As the number of participating teams is limited, it will be “first come, first served”, meaning that
once all the spots are full, registrations will close, so don’t wait. However, if more than 16 teams
want to register, 2 players at least must be (legit) lvl60 in order to allow their team to enter the
contest.

Match Specifications :

- The matches have to be played on 3 on 3, across 3 tracks (5 for the final) raced in bo9 (first team to win 5 runs wins the track) without powerups.
- Points for each run are distributed as follows : 1st – 6pts; 2nd – 5pts; 3rd – 4pts; 4th – 3pts; 5th – 2pts; 6th – 1pt; DNF – 0pts ; the team which scores the most points win the run.
- The match results have to be reported as soon as possible by the team leader via PM to the master admin (Kyrrh). In order to be valid, the PM must include the IGN of the players who have raced in each track, the overall score (3-0 or 2-1) and the detailed score for each track (e.g. 5-2).
- Here is an example of a correct results’ reporting :
Team A vs Team B : 1-2
Stadium & Highway 99 : 5-4 (Pierre, Paul, Jacques vs Tom, Dan, John)
Waterfront : 1-5 (Pierre, Paul, Jacques vs Dan, Nick, Terry)
Lion’s Challenge : 3-5 (Pierre, Paul, Jacques vs Tom, Nick, Terry)

Groupstages :

6-8 teams                  9-11 teams                       12-16 teams
Group A : 1,3,5,7                      1,4,7,10                            1,5,9,13
Group B : 2,4,6,8                      2,5,8,11                            2,6,10,14
Group C : N/A                           3,6,9                                3,7,11,15
Group D : N/A                           N/A                                  4,8,12,16

Playoffs :

First 8 teams go to playoffs, determined as the following :
6-8 teams : everyone
9-11 teams : top 2 from each group + top 2 from total points scored throughout the phase (if tie : total runs won throughout the phase)
12-16 teams : top 2 from each group (if tie between 2 teams : the one who won their match advances to playoffs ; if tie between 3 or more teams : total runs won throughout the groupstages)

The playoffs tree will be drawn according to the usual rules (Group A 1st vs Group B 2nd, etc...)

Projected Tournament Schedule :

20/07 (Sun) : Tournament public announcement & Start of poll about the default match schedule 21/07 (Mon) : Opening of registrations (& Start of the signature contest for the cup)
25/07 (Fri) : End of the poll about the default match schedule
(26/07 (Sat) : End of the signature contest)
3/08 (Sun) : Closure of registrations
4/08 (Mon) : Groupstages draw & start of the competition
10/08 (Sun) : End of Week #1
17/08 (Sun) : End of Week #2
24/08 (Sun) : End of Week #3
25/08 (Mon) : Groupstages official results and Playoffs draw
31/08 (Sun) : End of Quarters
7/09 (Sun) : End of Semi-finals
14/09 (Sun) : End of tournament & Final results announcement

Projected Track Rotation :

Groupstages :      S Class                              A Class                         B Class
Week #1 :           Stadium & Highway 99         Waterfront                     Lion’s Challenge
Week #2 :           Verona Tunnel                    Chancellor & Campus       Camden Tunnel
Week #3 :           Diamond & Union                 Heritage Heights             Dover & Lepus
Playoffs :
Quarters :            Rosewood Park Loop            Station & Fisher             Valley & State
Semi-finals :         Spade Street                      Rosewood College          West Park & Lyons
Final :                  Campus Interchange            Beacon & Station           Ocean View
   + Bristol & Bayshore (S Class) and Eagle Drive (C Class)

General Rules :
- No car restriction.
- No powerups.
- Only the registered drivers are allowed to play during the matches.
- It is not allowed to add any driver to the team line-up throughout the competition, excepting between the groupstages and the playoffs (a PM is mandatory).
- The default schedule for the matches is TBA (will be Thursday or Friday, time according to poll results).
- The default date and time chosen is only the default schedule, which means that teams are really encouraged to try and find the most suitable schedule for everyone. - Both teams have to agree on the match schedule.
- It’s strongly recommended to record the races (one player from each team at least) and/or to take a screenshot at the end of each race, in case of a disagreement about the proceeding of the match
- Line-up change is allowed between tracks only.
- Before starting the match, all players should restart the game to prevent slowbug/speedbug.
- All players should stop the race if any driver disconnects during the run (excepting if someone has already crossed the finish line) and wait for him to reconnect. If the driver still isn’t back 15 minutes after the disconnection, the match should carry on with another player.
- Lag (as important as it might be) isn’t considered as a sufficient issue to restart the race. However, if all players agree on restarting, go ahead.
- If a team doesn’t show up on the agreed or default schedule, it is considered as a forfeit, and the remaining team wins the match 3-0.
- If no schedule is found, the match will count as forfeit (3-0) or null (0-0), depending which information (proof of discussion) the admin team has been given.
- Ramming is tolerated, however fair-play is strongly encouraged. Cheating and speedbug are NOT tolerated.
- Any cheater (reported with solid proof) will be excluded from the contest, and permanently banned from any other contest/event that I may organize on the future. Depending on the event, the entire team may also receive the same punishment.
- These rules are subject to change with or without prior notification. The admin team owns the rights to take any decision such as excluding a driver/team, given penalties etc… at anytime, with or without prior warning. For any questions, please send a PM to the admin team (Kyrrh, …).
Back to top Go down

Elite Team World Cup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: NFSW :: General Discussion-
Jump to: